Monday, December 19, 2011

2011 in review

via imgfave
Ola everyone!
It's 6 days before Christmas and exactly 12 days before the year end!!
Yikes!! Where have November gone?
It seems like just yesterday that I was blogging about my tea-sub and that was back in October. Crazy how (for me) days seems to fly away in lightning speed nowadays.

via weheartit
Anyhoo, sorry everyone for such lack in blog post for the past 6 months. Life has just been so hectic lately and I know that I threw so many ... too many excuses on my lacking in blogging. In saying that, I think this post will be my last post for the year due to hectic: Christmas season, family and friends gathering and of course Christmas shopping! But I shall be back next year with more regular updates (fingercross >___<)
So, to close off the year, I thought I create a blog post about how 2011 has been for me.
Well ... Long story cut short: 2011 has been a rollercoaster year for me, plenty of ups and downs.
via ohsopictures!
Truth be told, I've been such a biatch and a brat earlier in the year. I've complained, I've whinged, I was being easily irritable, super moody and I wasn't the best person you want to be around with when the mood strike and to top it off, I was feeling down so often, I lost count on how many times I cry for no reason. I didn't know why, my mood swing was super high (and no I'm not having menopause ;p). Perhaps I've been stress out financially (money has been tight, tighter than usual).  Worrying about what will happen if I don't have enough? Yet on the same time; felt like I was wanting more and more of things that I can't have or can't afford. I started being so frustrated because why do other people have things that I don't have or things that I can't have, why do other people have it all: High power career, awesome big house, traveling around the world, Hermes handbags, Mercedes-Benzs, hot looking body with hot looking partner beside them, etc etc and the list goes on (talking about green with envy).
via leilockheart
Then one day it strikes me, what the hell have I been thinking + mulling and whinging about?! Why do I kept on comparing myself to those people. There will always be someone who is better than me, richer than me, better looking than me and have things that I could probably will never have in my lifetime. But those people are only a small fraction of the society. When you think on the flip side, there are majority people out there that are less fortunate than I am. They're barely make ends meet everyday and for some, eating a full meal once a day was a hardship enough. And yet here I am complaining that we haven't been out on dinner dates often enough. Peer pressure and social expectation has bring me to the lowest of myself. (I've even been losing sleep because of this, so not good for my complexion ;p)
via lovelydreamms
So to close off this 2011 year, instead of listing things that I would like to have, I would like to share three things that I'm thankful and grateful that I have this year:

1. I am thankful that I have a family whom always support me throughout the year. Though we fight, argue and get under each other skin at times, we still came strong at the end, we are a family afterall, what's a family without occasional tantrum? :p
via happythings
2. I am thankful that I have such an amazing boyfriend who stick by me through thick and thin. His patience and wise words, has always keep me grounded.

'I and you, are always connected' via omnomnomjapanesefood
3. I am thankful for meeting so many new people who has became awesome friends that I'll cherish for life.
via happythings
The list can go on and on but I think I'll bore you with all the materials and corny things that I'm thankful for, so just I just keep it short and sweet. Bottom line is: I am thankful that I've been so blessed in this life of mine. I might not have a lot but I have a lot to be thankful for.

Oh by the way, Today is my birthday actually. I'm officially turning 26 years old!
Well, I guess I'm not just another year older, but (hopefully) another year better :)

via gingerella
Thank you everyone for following and/or reading my blog so far. Your support and kind words have been so awesome and have always made my day. This has been an awesome year (despite of everything- but hey! I'm only human - I made mistakes and I entitled to throw one or two tantrums once in a while :p).

I wish you all to have an awesome and terrific Christmas and Holiday Season!
Hope to see you all in the new year! Have fun and Be Merry everyone!!

via myguidetohappiness

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nattie. I've just joined your blog. Im loving all the wonderful things you have posted, cant wait to see whats next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Little Jackrabbits! Thank you for stumbling down my little hole ;p Loving your blog as well! can't wait to see around the blogsphere! xx

      Delete
  2. It's been a long since I've been active on the blogs I follow, so sorry about that, life just can't be only about that ;) I'm glad to see you back as well, I've noticed that last year you were not active for some time. Mine wasn't as good either but hoping and promising myself Chin Up New Year New Beginning New Life New Way :D All the best to you Nattie! Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! I know.. it has been so long!! no need to be sorry as I've been on and off as well in my blog!! Life can be quite challenging on maintaining a regular blog and a full time life as well :) But yeah! totally agree with you: New Year = New Motivation = More New Regular blogposts!! xx tc ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comments! All of your lovely comments brighten my days and very much loves always! *hugs*
x nattie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover