Thursday, February 24, 2011

Qee

Hello Thursday!
Qee for tokidoki + via psychicgypsy
I know it's a bit late but ... How's everyone's weekend? ;)
My weekend has been uneventful, though it was very cold for a summer day here in Adelaide.

Anyhoo, over the weekend (while surfing the net and reading magazine) I found that these qiant qee has making its way to the fashion industry. For those who doesn't know what qee is ...
Qee (pronounced: key) is a registered design patent from Hong Kong and created by founder and President of Toy2r, Raymond Choy. Qee was introduced in 2002 causing hype amongst toy collectors worldwide, but soon after caught the attention and imagination of art lovers, graphic designers and the world’s youth alike. It has since then, taken the world by storm. - Toy2r

Qees are produced in limited number and for some even one of a kind, thus make it so highly collectible. At the moment, I'm having a Giant Qee obsession! I WANT ONE!! Why shall you ask I want one of this baby? Imagine having this giant white qee on the corner of your home, what a fashion statement it will be + it surely will be a conversation starter.

This is several giant qee that I heart:

+ via dali137
 
+ via qeeworld
+ via designlabco

To date, many contemporary designer and artist has design/collaborate with Qee. Here are just some of the international designers who have taken part of the Qee event as part of Italian toys tour:

+ via toy2r
I heart <3 Missoni and Dolce Gabbana!

And my favourite balerrina/flat shoes designer: Sambag just announced that they will be decorating a QEE as part of designer toy exhibition at Chadstone,  The Fashion Capital as part of 2011 L’oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival. Here's a sneak peak of Samballerina Qee in progress from their blog:

 
The exclusive unveiling will take place on Wednesday 16th of March.

Oh just found a brilliant examples of qee use as part as decor! Check out the 16" white qee on the left corner of the room near the ghost chair. super cute! and with the hot pink and white decor, it fits in perfectly!

+ via house and home UK
I am dying to get a bigger one = 36". Unfortunately 36" comes in a whopping US$1000 price tag. I guess it would still be a long way before I can afford one :p so, for now ... I'll just settled for my tiny qee keyring ;)

Have a nice day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comments! All of your lovely comments brighten my days and very much loves always! *hugs*
x nattie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover